Sunday, June 27, 2010

FO: Learning Log Cabin

Learning Log Cabin

Yarn: Aslan Trends Glaciar Del Cielo and South West Trading Company Vickie Howell Craft in a variety of colors
Needles: US #3, four circular needles
Pattern: A few months ago I decided I wanted to learn the log cabin technique, and to see at the same time how it would work by keeping all four sides "live" rather than binding off and picking up stitches. I didn't have a pattern, I just sort of... talked to other people who have done log cabin and just... went at it. It didn't turn out badly, but it wasn't the most fun thing I've ever knit. I would probably recommend following a pattern if someone were to want to jump into this - and even though cotton doesn't weave in very well, I would also recommend for those, like me, with a short attention span, a washcloth over an afghan.

No comments: