Thursday, March 26, 2009

What's on your needles?

I'm finally getting around to knitting up a tube scarf as a shop sample, from all the fiber we played with at our first fiber tasting (spinners, did you see that we're having another?). I thought I'd just do a simple stockinette tube scarf to best show off the yarn that one can spin from all the fibers we carry. I realized that I don't do this very often - knit with my handspun, that is. I'm doing an afghan out of handspun right now, but mostly I gift my handspun to my crocheting and knitting friends.

Spinners, do you ever knit with your handspun?

In progress: handspun tube scarf

2 comments:

angela said...

Yes, I definitely use my handspun now. Finished my first all handspun sweater, but I had not calculated correctly and had to spin more to finish the project.

Delighted Hands said...

I knit tons with my handspun! Socks, bowls, sweaters, shawls, fingerless mitts.....I have just started weaving to use all the handspun, too! It is good!