Monday, March 23, 2009

Purple Raven - The October 2008 Sock Club Colorway

It came to my attention that I've never blogged about completed socks from our sock club - and since the October colorway, Purple Raven, is due to be released to the public next month, I guess I should show it off, eh?

Purple Raven Feather & Fan

Yarn: Perhaps Today is a Good Day to Dye in "Purple Raven"
Needles: Size 1 DPNs
Pattern: My standard Feather & Fan pattern, loosely based on a pattern from the book Socks! Socks! Socks!
Notes: I made these back in October, and while I did find the base yarn somewhat thin to work with* I am extremely pleased with how they've held up. I've put them in the washing machine (in a lingerie bag, and then lay flat to dry) eight or nine times since then and they are still just as soft as they were when I was knitting them.

*I am a loose knitter, and used a size 1. Sharon has knit hers up also and I believe she used a size 0 or even a double 0. So if you are a loose knitter, be prepared to go small if you want a tight stitch!

Colorway will be available in mid-April both online and in the shop in a Superwash Merino fingering weight yarn; the 400 yard skeins will retail for $20.00.

No comments: