Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Yarn cups

Sneak peek

We are now happy to accept special orders on yarn cups! Please keep in mind that there's only one of me, and I only have one mold - so there is a 3-week minimum turnaround on each cup ordered to allow for pouring, drying, cleaning, kiln firing, glazing, and another kiln firing. So if you order a dozen cups, it will take a couple of months - it took me three months to get the dozen that we had at Fiber-In in September. I just want to be up front and honest about the timeline, so that nobody sends an email thinking they'll be able to get a set of three by Friday. Each one is made, cleaned, and painted by hand, and as we all know as crafters, that takes time. I appreciate your patience and trust that you'll be happy with a quality product.

Current colors that we can do match our solid-color yarn line: Pretty in Pink, Vodka and OJ, Irish Coffee, Raspberry Beret, Green Grass, and Red Appletini. As of yet I have not been able to find a glaze that matches Grey Gardens, but I'm still searching and hoping to have something by the end of January. Cups are $15 each, regardless of color.

If you are interested in ordering a yarn mug, drop us a line. Please make sure to tell us what color or colors you are interested in and how many of each you would like; for example, "I'd like one cup in Irish Coffee!" or "I'd like three cups, one in Pretty in Pink and two in Raspberry Beret!". If you do have a definite date by which you need it, please let us know. Like I said above, there is a minimum 3-week turnaround for us to make and ship the mug to you but sometimes miracles do happen and I have one or two unglazed on the shelf that I can turnaround quickly.

Thanks, y'all, and I hope your week is off to a great start!

No comments: